Friday, September 17, 2010

Finally gonna talk numbers!!

I started blogging for my an assignment in Social media class this summer! I've continued blogging because I have enjoyed it and met some fabulous people through Fitblog on Twitter and through the wonderful blogs I have found. I have been so embarrassed of my weight, I have yet to talk about numbers or sizes!! Well, I've decided today that I finally need to get over the fear of those numbers and just be completely honest with myself!! So, here we go....

When I started Weight Watchers and losing weight in the beginning of March this year, I weighed in at a whopping 323.4 pounds!! My highest weight EVER!! Last week I weighed in at 266.4 and had lost 1 pound. I challenged myself this past week to really work hard at staying below my daily WW points and walking everyday. I succeed in both! I wanted to try to walk an hour everyday, which I almost did. I walked over an hour 4 out of the 7 days this week. But I did still walked everyday!!

Today is my weigh in day. I weigh in every Friday morning first thing before I eat or drink anything. That is when I can most accurately measure my body weight since water weighs more than fat. So, what did the scale read this morning?! 263.6!! That is a 3 pound weight loss from last week! So I have now lost 60 pounds total in 6 months!! My hard work this week paid off! I am almost out of the 260's!! Yay!

I set a short term weight loss goal is to lose 75 lbs by the time I go home to TX for Christmas...but it turns out I won't be able to go home now! I wanted to be able to say, "I've lost 75 lbs!" when I saw all of my friends and family I haven't seen in a year. Now it looks more like April when I can go to TX...so maybe I will shoot for 100 pounds by my birthday?! (April 25th) :) It sounds like such a large # but I would have 30 weeks to lose 40 pounds. That's 1 1/4 lbs a week. I don't know...doesn't sounds too hard if you say it like that. I am still going to work towards my original goal by Christmas and then work toward my new second goal by my birthday. I just gotta keep doing what I am doing, which is my plan! I know I've said it a few times but I am not setting a final weight loss goal for myself, I am just trying to lose weight, the healthy way, and I don't want to know how much I need to lose. Long term goals can be overwhelming!

Last week I ordered a new swimsuit from Amazon.com. It is supposed to be chlorine resistant and I got one with a higher neck line (to hold things in place) so it is better for water aerobics. The chlorine in that pool water tends to eat up the elastic in my suits! I wasn't sure what size to order because I am in-between sizes. I started out my weight loss journey in a size 26/28. The suit I just ordered is a size 20W! I was nervous ordering that size because in clothes I am in between a 20 and a 22 right now. So, I got my suit in the mail this week and tried it on and "Ta Da" it fit!! YAY! I thought I was ordering to small and I would fit into it in a few weeks...what a pleasant surprise! :)

Friday's are also Jean day at work. And I have this pair of jeans that I have yet to fit into. They were my smallest size jeans I had in my drawer. I had tried them on a few times in past weeks and got them up but not buttoned. So, last night I was getting out my clothes for the morning and looking for a pair of jeans to wear and decided to try on that pair of jeans. And THEY FIT!! I am soo glad I kept all of those jeans that didn't fit me anymore. Less clothes I have to buy right now the better!

So, this week I am going to do the same thing I did last week! Work hard to concentrate on my daily points and staying below them and I am going to walk everyday! It was not as hard as I thought it was going to be and I felt great all week! :) Water aerobics finally starts in a week, I miss it! What a great workout! If you are looking for something different to do for exercise I would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment