Friday, September 24, 2010

Weigh in day!

It's been a busy week at work. That's usually when I find time to blog. I don't spend a lot of time on the computer at home in the evenings because I am on it all day during the day. So, today is my weigh in day. I don't really want to talk about my diet week but I am forcing myself! ha ha I told myself last night that I was probably only going to lose like 1/2 a pound because I lost soo much last week. So, you would think that I would be prepared to be ok with whatever the scale reads, right? Well, when I got on the scale today it read 263.4! That's only a .2 pound weight loss. It's better than gaining right? That's what I try to keep telling myself! But why am I still so down today. I'm grumpy and people are noticing.

I keep thinking about what I could have done differently over the week. I stayed under my points all but 2 days. 1 day I only went over by like 3 points. The other day I had a slight binge...if you want to call it that. I made homemade applesauce for a class project last weekend. Everyone loved it! I brought it into my supervisor for her to try and she loved it also. So she took the container home to wash it and brought it back to me with almonds in it. Good for you right? Ya, but A LOT of calories! And then when you sit and pick at them all day and end up eating 1/2 a cup of them (10 points) you eat 1 1/2 lunch meals worth. A 1/2 a cup of almonds does not fill you up like 1 1/2 lunches does. Just shows why you should choose low cal snacks that will fill you up with fiber or fruit that is full of water. So, I got home from work and was starving. I don't usually eat dinner until 7 pm because that's when everyone is home. So, I ate some flavored popcorn from one of those tins. Not that bad right? Well, if you sit there with the whole tin in your lap and just keep eating and eating until you are full...that's not good! It was very hard to estimate how much I ate. But I felt like I ate half of the tin! So, ya, I could have chosen worse snacks to binge on but I also could have resisted!! I am still mad at myself about it and I bet that I am blaming that one afternoon on my non-weight loss!

I also could have walked more this week! Last weekend I worked all afternoon Saturday and went apple picking that morning. Sunday was spent recouping from working all day. So, not much walking during the weekend...just whatever I did at work. During the week I walked at lunch twice, and walked to work everyday but not home everyday due to either weather or other things I needed to do. So I probably walked home 3 times this week. Next week water aerobics finally starts again twice a week and I plan to start trying to work out at the SU gym this week on the nights I am not doing water aerobics. I will let you know how it goes. I have a friend doing the gym with me and we are going to learn how to do it together. ha ha I found some workouts on the weight watchers website that I want to try.

So here's to my new week and starting over. I want to try to stay under or at my daily points this week and I want to get more exercise in each day. I am working all day tomorrow...8 am to 8 pm. So, I will start by packing my breakfast and lunch and only eating out for dinner. The only walking I will do is whatever I do while working. When I work on the weekend its for my part time job and I stand almost the whole time and walk around parking lots a lot...but not fast. (I don't know how to describe it.) Sunday will probably be spent recouping again but I am going to try to get a walk in. During the week I will start my 2 new exercises...so that will be more than this week.

I think I tend to be harder on myself than necessary. But I really want to get all this fat off of me! I know its never going to get easy, even after I lose all of my weight. That's going to be just as much work to maintain! Eek! But I don't want to think about that. I need to get there first! One day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment