Sunday, August 8, 2010

Farmers Market

Saturday morning we got up early and went to the Farmers Market. We like to purchase our fresh fruits and vegetables from there to support our local farmers and to eat healthier (organically). We bought almost every vegetable imaginable. We had to bring a veggie tray to a Graduation party for a nephew. So we bought peppers, carrots, cauliflower, celery, and radishes to make our veggie tray. Everything tasted soo good.

We also bought corn on the cob because we eat it at every meal these days. It's great on the grill! We also bought red potatoes and organic pasta. I tried organic pasta for my Nutrition class when I had to try a new organic food for a project. Now we are hooked! We've tried several flavors now including whole wheat fettuccine, garlic spinach fettuccine and linguine, and a mixed variety of pasta with several different flavors. We would definitely recommend it to anyone!

We had some of the corn and red potatoes for dinner tonight. I used the red potatoes for a Weight Watchers recipe...Garlic Red Mashed potatoes. Very tasty! They are made with skim (or low fat milk) and fat free (or light) sour cream. And then I spice them up with garlic powder, onion salt (my family doesn't like actual onions in the potatoes), minced garlic, salt, pepper, and chives. I just spice them to taste.

I challenge you to visit a Market and try something that you've never had before or even just buy something that you normally buy from the grocery store and compare. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment