Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sore

WHAT A WEEK! It's been go go go since 4:30 on Friday! ha ha I was off on Monday this week. I challenged myself to exercise more when I was off I did it this weekend! YAY! We went to Seabreeze Saturday, which is a water/amusement park, and we spent about 6 hours there. Lots of walking, stairs and swimming! :) Sunday I took off from exercise because it rained most of the day. Monday I walked for about 2 hours. :) So I met my goal I made for myself. Now this week my legs have been sore nearly everyday when I walk. I had these sore pains when I first started walking 52 lbs ago. I figured it was because I never exercised and my muscles were getting used to being used again. ha ha Now I am not sure why I am soo sore...maybe because I didn't really give my body a break this weekend like I normally have? I plan on walking at lunch today and not walking home...so maybe that will give my legs a little break?

I'm coming up on my busy time again. Summer is pretty laid back for me. I only work 1 job and take 1 or 2 classes in the evenings. I work at Syracuse University full time and I am also a part time student at SU. During the regular school year I work 2 jobs (1 full time and 1 part time), I sing in a choir, and I take 1 class each semester. So, as you can see I am pretty busy during the school year. It is going to be a challenge to still make time for myself to exercise. As long as it is nice outside I will continue to walk to work. Once winter gets here I will walk if it's just cold with no snow or ice...but once the snow hits the ground I will have to start finding alternate forms of exercise. We have the Dome here which is our athletic complex and is enclosed year round. So, I could walk in there at lunch each day. But one thing I like about walking outside at lunch is the variety...I can walk different places and not have to always look at the same scenery. I can change it up each day. :) I can't do that with the dome...it's one big circle...but it would be warm and snow free. Right? ha ha

I've been thinking about joining a gym of some sort. SU does have a gym that employees can use but it is soo crowded during the school year. It is convenient during my lunch hour and I might use it a few times for a bit of variety but I don't like an audience while I sweat to death working out. I looked into the YMCA because of all of its classes it offers but it is soo expensive. I am not sure I really want to spend that much money or would get my money's worth with my busy schedule during the school year. Then I also looked into Planet fitness. It is cheaper, but does not have a pool. My favorite exercise is water aerobics. I could just rejoin the class I've been taking at the community center, but that is another $30.00 every 2 months. The gym is open 24/7 and you can tan there too because it's included in one of the memberships. But I have a treadmill and stationary bike at home that I could use and that is pretty much what I would use at the gym besides weights. So I think I am going to continue walking like I am for now since it is still nice out in Syracuse for another 2 to 4 months at least. Then once I can't walk anymore I will look into doing something else.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at my part time job again...I've lost a lot of weight since a lot of them have seen me last. I am also looking forward to traveling home to Texas at Christmas and seeing my family. I hope they don't recognize me! I want to try to lose another 20 lbs by then. :) I have been losing weight at a good rate so far... 1 1/2 lbs average per week! As long as I continue to follow weight watchers and keep up my physical activity I should be able to accomplish that just fine! I am going shopping tonight at the outlet mall about 45 minutes from Syracuse. I am only going to buy a few things since my body continues to shrink and I already can only fit into half the clothes I got for my birthday in April. I know this a good thing to be shrinking but it gets annoying when I can't find anything to wear in the mornings...I know I know, tell me to stop complaining! I get to go clothes shopping now, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment