Monday, July 12, 2010

Complements and Confidence!

I've had a busy couple of weeks! My sister is visiting for the summer and I've taken a few vacation days and had some long weekends. Back to normal this week. Working all 5 days this week. I walked so far over an hour today and plan to walk home and maybe again later after dinner. The past 2 nights after dinner we've been walking and its been nice. It's not as hot after 8 pm.

I weighed in on Friday and lost another 2 lbs. I am now up to 44 1/2 lbs. total! I had several opportunities for pictures this weekend and I am really starting to notice a change in my face and neck. I had an opportunity to shop for a few clothes also. I was never able to fit into Old Navy clothes and now I can plus I am wearing a size smaller than the largest size they carry! Big accomplishment for me!

I started a weight loss photo album on Facebook with pictures every few weeks showing the change I am making. I posted the 2 pictures I included here, from this weekend and have been getting tons of complements today. Feels great! My weight loss is giving me such confidence. I know I have so far to go still but I am feeling better everyday! I try to think about how long and hard the journey is going to be but how much better I am feeling everyday and how much better I will feel in the end.

I tried a few new dinner options this weekend. We had steak fajitas one night on whole wheat wraps with light sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. They were delicious! We also make personal pizzas one night using wheat flat bread for the crust and turkey sausage and turkey pepperoni for toppings. My sister is eating our healthy dinner with us but she still eats not so healthy things for lunch and breakfast and large quantities. She also is still yet to go walking with us when we go in the evenings. So, still working on instilling my healthy lifestyle on her. :)

Will do my best to write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment