Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Busy weekends

What a fun weekend I had! Lots of fireworks and friends and family...and lots of opportunities for me to eat whatever I wanted! I think that I did well considering the difficulty of planning the unknown. We went out to eat on Friday night to my favorite pizza place. I had a salad before to help full me up and then some pizza...I ordered lower fat options for pizza toppings.

Saturday, we went to the market to stock up on fresh organic fruits, vegetables, and my favorite organic pasta (I tried and used for my Nutrition project). Then Saturday afternoon we had a cookout complete with turkey burgers on whole wheat rolls, turkey hot dogs, grilled corn on the cob, peal and eat shrimp and grilled clams. All healthy options for a cookout. Sunday, I sang in a 4th of July concert at the NYS Fairgrounds and we packed a picnic dinner. My choir also had a picnic for the group and I picked healthy options from my choices there....fruit!! (I did allow myself 1 sugar cookie!)

Yesterday, we went to the beach and packed another healthy picnic lunch. We did treat ourselves with a small ice cream after swimming all day. But, we made sure we walked there (made me feel like I earned it). :)

Back to my routine today, walking to work and home and packing my lunch. I am starting my water aerobics again in the evenings on Tues/Thurs. So, more opportunity to exercise during the day since my lunch hour will now be free again.

I weighed in a Friday morning and the scale showed I maintained for the week which is good but because it was that time of the month I expected I was retaining water. So, I re-weighed myself on Saturday morning and my suspicion was correct and I was 1 1/2 lbs lighter. So I ended up losing after all. YEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment