Sunday, June 6, 2010

Trying new things

I like to keep things interesting by trying new foods and new recipes. Food can get boring if you always eat the same things and don't switch it up every once in a while. Yesterday I tried two new things!

I made turkey burgers for dinner last night. I've had turkey burgers quite a few times since I started WW. I can actually say that I like Turkey burgers better than hamburgers now! Something that I learned in my Nutrition class is that Turkey burgers from a restaurant are a little healthier than a hamburger but not by much because they don't use the leanest turkey. Just something to think about if you find yourself eating out. I try to stick to Salads when I eat out.

So when I had my turkey burgers last night, I usually eat them on the WW rolls but the grocery store was out so we tried Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins. The where very tasty! I would definitely suggest trying them. Also, I couldn't decide what to eat with my turkey burger. I looked on weightwatchers.com and found a recipe for Spicy Potato Sticks (aka baked seasoned french fries). They were very good. I would suggest trying them!

For lunch yesterday I had Subway.I usually order whole wheat bread which is a very good choice but I decided I wanted to try something different yesterday so I tried the flat bread. I liked it and now have 2 options when I go to Subway. I do wish they still had wraps too.

I went to a drive in movie last night and brought my own snacks. Instead of getting the high calorie, high fat snacks from the snack bar there I brought light microwave popcorn and a drink. The difference in calories between light microwave popcorn and movie theater popcorn is amazing. Once you start eating healthier and eating less fat and oil you can start to taste the difference and the oil will kinda start grossing you out. Not to mention how your body will react to the high fat foods when you haven't eaten them in a while.

On a side note, its soo exciting when you put on clothes that you haven't worn in a while that have been tight since you bought them and they fit you well and are almost a little big. :) My little triumph for the weekend!

I hope I can get some exercise in today but it is raining out. Maybe I will turn on my Wii and dance for a while. A great aerobic workout!!

1 comment:

  1. Martha, Have you tried Roly-Poly's wraps? They're located next to Funk n' Waffles. They have a number of low-cal wraps or they can make them to order. I usually ask for the dressing on the side or low-cal substitute. I think Roly-Poly's ingredients are much fresher than Subways for about the same price.

    ReplyDelete