Tuesday, June 8, 2010

If you fall off your horse, get right back on...

I am originally from Texas and a saying that was always said was "If you fall off your horse, get right back on!". This saying could pertain to several different things in life. When someone is dieting, you will not always eat perfectly everyday of your life! But because you have a little fall to temptation, it doesn't mean you can't get right back on track.

Last night we decided to eat out at Red Lobster for dinner. I did pretty well for dinner. I had steamed snow crab legs, a lobster tail, a baked potato with only a little sour cream, salad with my ranch dressing on the side. They had a special dinner platter that included Fried Shrimp (which is my absolute fav!) and shrimp scampi. So I asked to exchange my shrimp scampi for extra fried shrimp. I felt like that was a better choice than the shrimp swimming in butter. I also allowed myself to have one of their yummy cheddar biscuits (at 4 points a piece). So with that dinner alone I had already went over my points for the day. Then after dinner on the way home I wanted something sweet and I've been an ice cream-a-holic lately. So we stopped at an ice cream stand. The only sizes they had were large and humongous...I got the smallest size they had. So, I ended up using about 15 extra points yesterday after it was all said and done. Which is ok and that is why I am given the extra points. They are there for special occasions like last night.

So, this morning I decided to walk to work again. On days when I have class in the evening I usually drive my car so that I don't have to walk home late. But I've been getting out of class before it gets dark so I decided to walk that extra 3 miles (1 1/2 miles each way) today to help make up for the extra eating last night and will do the same on Thursday too! In this case I am looking at it as I got my reward before I worked for it. :) I'll earn it by the end of the week.

I have such great support around me! Everyone I work with is also trying to eat healthier for the most part and really encourage me and tell me how great I am looking. That helps me stay positive in my journey and helps me recognize what a change I am making in my life! I realized the other day that I really think I can do this this time and go all the way. I've lost as much as 75 lbs in the past but gained it all back plus some. This time, I am in a wonderful supportive relationship where we want the same things and encourage each other. We push each other to exercise and make good choices. I am also surrounded by wonderful supportive friends and coworkers, good influences. I really can do this this time and make this change permanent!

If you are going through the same weight loss journey I really would suggest the same for you. Surround yourself with support and get your spouse in on it too. Everyone could be healthier. Even if they are skinny and don't need to lose weight, they could still get more fit and eat healthier! A healthy lifestyle will help them to live a longer, healthier life. Good luck in your journey! Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment