Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New things and realizations...

Well my sister made it right on time Saturday night. I don't think she's used to having all these good for you foods in the house. She's asked for us to get real Pepsi for her to drink (we only have diet soda, diet tea, fruit2O water, etc... She's also asked that we buy some foods for her that she likes.

My sister has never been heavier in my life than she is today. She eats a lot of snacks. I think she eats mostly when she's bored. Last night the food was 5 minutes from being done and she wanted a snack. I made her wait. I am hoping with all of my fingers and toes crossed that our healthy lifestyle will rub off on her. But so far its not looking hopefully. Of course it is still early in her trip.

Before she came she had also mentioned trying to stop smoking while she was here. I am really hoping so. She goes outside to smoke a lot! She said she smokes about a pack a day. Cigarette's are soo much more expensive in NY than TX. She already knows that we are not going to buy cigarette's for her. So we'll also see what happens with that.

It will be interesting to see if just a slight change in what she is eating will help her lose weight. She has no interest to go walking for fun... My lifestyle really has changed soo much...more than I realize sometimes. I used to be like that. Just veg out and eat whatever I wanted and however much I wanted. I feel soo much better now with only 38 lbs off. I can only imagine how I'll keep feeling as the weight melts away. I continue to get comments from coworkers asking how much I've lost. When I don't lose anything and just maintain for one week, I tend to get a little down on myself. When I get good comments from others that helps me feel better.

This weekend I've been studying for my Nutrition exam. I am learning soo much! It's soo interesting! I would suggest to anyone to take this class! Wish me luck on my exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment